Excerpt from Divided

Here is a excerpt from Divided.
Written from Twilight's POV.

I wove through the maze of stalls and people that crowded the streets of Horizon. It was getting late so I slowly made my way to an inn.
The Flying Pig was noisy and full of people, the smell that reached my nose was far from pleasant. As I headed for the counter, I noticed a man in a uniform watching me.
"Excuse me," I said to the short lady behind the counter, “Do you have a room available?"
She looked up and noticing the man who was watching me replied, "Sorry, we're full. Please leave." She then quickly disappeared through a door.
Puzzled I headed out the front door. Outside a hand suddenly seized my arm, and a gruff voice demanded "Where are your papers?"
I whirled around and came face to face with the uniformed man from inside.
Staring into his face I demanded, "Let me go!" I tried to twist my arm free.
He tightened his grip and snarled, "Papers first."
"What papers? I don’t know what you’re talking about." I replied still trying to get free.
"No paper? Then you're coming with me, Missy." The guard growled. He dragged me toward a cart.
After removing a rope from inside it he tied my arms together "Get in." he commanded.
I had no choice but to listen. He climbed into the front and we drove off.



Estella Kate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Random Blog Party Pt. 3

Guardians of Allura, A Short Story

Well, Hello Again!