Well, Hello Again!


Almost a year to the day since I wrote a "Return" post, I emerge from the mushy mud that is my part of Australia currently. I just want to ramble a bit about me, my blog, my art and my writing (not in that order, because - rambling over here)


Blog-ness

For years I wanted to blog and write, like all the amazing people whose blogs I read. But every time I sit down to write one of these post I can't help but think, Does anyone want to actually read this? I criticise my posts to the point where I just abandon them. But I am trying to learn to embrace the mess and try and see it as something beautiful, hence why a few years ago I wrote this at the top of my blog.



Even with that there I never posted much here, I want to try and change that though. No, I won't be regular (I am NOT that kind of person) Yes, it'll still be chaotic and messy. But the point is we're gonna roll with it πŸ˜‰


Me 

Now me. I've changed my 'About' fairly often to try and keep up with who I am, but I've never shared a lot about myself (cause I never figured out how to fit it in).

So an extended bio-type-thing 😊

My name's Estella Kate (In case you weren't aware😜) I am firstly a Christian, and am also an Aussie.

I am currently studying to be a Vet Nurse, and work at an amazing vet clinic as a kennel hand/animal attendant. If you haven't pick up I like animals... I am a major Bird Nerd and adore Budgies! 

Speaking of Animals my Circus currently consist of:

6 Budgies: Lemon Jade (LJ for short), Obsidian, Snowflake, Sunbeam, Winston and Emelia

1 Galah: Quarter

2 Dogs: Misty and Winnie

1 Cat: Belinda

4 Quail: Quaglia, Vaktel, Vagary, and Solivagant

20ish Chickens: I can name some for you if you must know πŸ˜…

3 Guinea Pigs: Bingo, Bentley and Socks

1 Betta Fish: Harley

1 Goat: Clay


Art

Moving on to my art. 
I've been trying for awhile to set myself up for doing Pet Portraits as a side business, to try and earn something while still getting to do my art. But fitting that in with both study and work is difficult (I am still very determined to try!) 
I've been doing a fair amount of digital art and I enjoy it. I don't think I am very good at it but I reckon it's decent. It's a good way to play around with my story character too.
A few pieces.
Ash from White Foot

Eclipse from Guardian of Allura

Scene from Flameless
Ember + Spark

Writing

Now my writing...

I love my stories. I love my characters. I hate putting it all on paper.

I struggle. So much can go on in my head but putting that then into words is challenging.

Of all the longer stories only Divided and White Foot have ever been completed. Divided needs a pretty major rewrite and White foot need both new title and some plot hole assistance.

And Guardians of Allura.

That is my precious series, quite possible the reason I wanted to start writing more. 

I've started both #1 and #2 multiple time but have never completed them. I've written short stories about Willow and Eclipse (All here on this blog) just so I can write about that world. 

One day it'll all be complete and together...


New stories are Alpray (name change highly possible), sequel to White Foot. 

And Flameless, Flameless is an Illustrated story.



Well, I think that's it for rambling... for now, I think.

Comment below if you have any post idea you think I should do.

Till next time!

Estella Kate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guardians of Allura, A Short Story

Random Blog Party Pt. 3